These measures aimed to reduce the spread of disease. We offer risk-reduction measures, but none of them will be 100%, particularly if COVID-19 is still circulating in the community.
Please note these guidelines will change depending on the health situation of the community.
Entering the facility:
Everyone entering the facility will be required for a temperature check and asked to wear face covering. Anyone with temperatures 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit (or higher) or show other signs of illness will not be admitted in facility.
- Students entering facility from outside activity with temperature 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit (or higher) or show other signs of illness will be designated to a safe space away from other students. Parents/guardians will be notified until response it provided. Student will be required to stay with a staff in a safe space away from other students until parents/guardians pick up the student.
- Staff entering facility from outside activity with temperature 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit (or higher) or show other signs of illness will be asked to go home.
- Parents or non-authorized person will not have access to the facility. Parents must drop off and pick up children while waiting outside of facility. Non-authorized person will need to communicate with staff outside of facility.
- Staff will wear mask at all times.
- Students will be asked to wear mask at all times.
- Each day children and staff will receive temperature check and asked about symptoms.
- We are not able to care for a child with mild cold symptoms or any of type of illness. Any symptoms of illness will be taken seriously. If a child is not feeling well, exclusion from the program is necessary to reduce the transmission of illness. For your child’s comfort and to reduce the risk of contagion, we will call the parents/guardians. We ask that child be picked up within 1.0 hour of notification. Until then, the child will be kept comfortable isolated from other children and will continue to be observed for symptoms.
- Any staff or children with known symptoms will be required to remain out of the facility for 14 days unless medical clearance is provided by a physician indicating that the presenting symptoms are associated with a known non-COVID-19 illness. The physician’s note must not be from a family member.
- If we identify any symptoms within the community, all parents and staff will be notified.
- Hand washing and drying will be incorporated into the day as a scheduled activity.
- Staff thoroughly cleans and sanitizes the facility, equipment’s, supplies and touchable surfaces at different times a day.
- At the end of the day, after all students have left the facility, the staff thoroughly cleans and sanitizes the facility, equipment’s, supplies and touchable surfaces.
- Staff will monitor social distancing of six feet at all times but due to the nature of our work, there will be opportunities where six feet will be too far and would require staff or students to be in closer distance.
- Staff will maintain a consistent group to lessen the chance of contact with “new germs.” It will be the same small group every day.
- Staff will include as much outdoor time as possible to keep the children moving and getting plenty of fresh air.